Sex and the City added to the popularity of the XXX Brazilian ever since the series’ leading character, Carrie Bradshaw decided to get one in one of the episodes some ten years ago.
A XXX Brazilian wax is more than just trendy – it keeps your most intimate area free of hair for weeks. A trained beauty therapist can make the experience a smooth one, but it’s always a good idea to know what to expect before, during and after your first XXX Brazilian wax appointment.
1. If you’re really squeamish about the possible pain, take paracetamol an hour before the appointment and it will minimise any discomfort you may feel during the wax.
2. Planning a hot date and want to show that new lingerie you’ve just bought? Then make sure that your waxing appointment is a few days before that important day. Waxing can sometimes leave the area red and slightly tender. So, give yourself a few days to recover so that you can truly flaunt the results on the special date.
3. Gently exfoliate the area before getting waxed. If you are a waxing virgin, the hair may resist being removed. Exfoliating the area would loosen the hairs from the follicles and make them easier to pull out.
4. Don’t be alarmed if you see small spots of blood while waxing. Every hair follicle is connected to a little blood vessel, so you may see some when the hair is removed especially if this is the first time you are getting a wax. Areas around the underarms or around the labia are particularly sensitive as the pores there are tighter. As a precaution, don’t drink alcohol or take aspirin before the procedure as they tend to thin the blood.
5. After a wax, you may feel some tenderness as waxing opens up the pores and makes the area sensitive. Tight-fitting pants such as jeans can irritate the skin and lead to a rash.