Coming out of winter, the skin is looking lacklustre, dull and tired from hours spent in dry air and indoor heating. Take these five simple steps to get your skin summer ready.
I Get Your Vitamin C
When applied topically, Vitamin C lightens existing hyper pigmentation as well as age spots, all while giving the skin a lit-from-within look. Apply a Vitamin C-rich serum such as TONIC’s Ultra Age Rewind or Ultra Detox Serum to help restore your skins’ luminosity.
Between the cold air outside and dry indoor heating, skin cells dehydrate and die out faster in winter. You’ll want to buff away those dead cells so new cells can come in healthier and without obstruction. Dead skin cells also block moisture and active ingredients from getting to the layers of new skin cells that actually need it.
Dull winter skin is often a result of dehydration — on both the inside and outside. Opt for thicker, creamier moisturisers that penetrate deep into skin to moisturise. And when hydrating from within, take it easy with the alcohol and coffee (both of which leaves skin parched). Stick to water and electrolyte-containing drinks to replenish throughout the day.
IV Facial – some me time!
Visit your professional therapists and treat yourself to a facial that has been prescribed for your skin type. We guarantee your skin won’t disappointed with this luxurious treatment that will leave it feeling clean and silky smooth. Step into one of our partner salons to get this done.
V Spring clean your skincare products
Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to throw out old cosmetics and skincare products. These products do have a shelf life. Old, outdated products can harbour bacteria and lose their effectiveness. Check the dates on your products.
- Anything past the expiration date
- Products that appear dry or crusty
- Anything that has changed consistency, colour, or smell
- Anything with an SPF that is older than one year (SPF loses its effectiveness over time and it’s just not worth the risk)
- Mascara older than three months. (always toss it after three months, regardless of how much there is remaining)
- Old, dirty makeup brushes and sponges
– Article contributed by TONIC Skincare –