24-48 hours before:
- If you need to shave or wax before your tan, do this 24-48 hours prior to your appointment. Waxing is the best option for preparing for a spray tan, as you will be hair free for the life of your tan. Shaving frequently after your spray tan will cause it to fade faster.
- Moisturise heavily.
- Moisturise heavily, doing this in the days prior to your spray tan will ensure your skin is hydrated. Spray tan likes to stick to rough, dry skin, so failing to prepare for a spray tan could cause patchy results.
- Shower and thoroughly exfoliate your body to remove dead skin cells and colour build-up from your last spray tan. Doing this the day before will give your pores enough time to close.
- While exfoliating, pay extra attention to dry areas like your knees and elbows.
- If this is your last shower before your appointment, do not apply any moisturiser, deodorant or perfume, as this will interfere with your results.
On the day:
- Make sure you have not applied deodorant, body lotion, perfume or moisturisers after your last shower.
- Wear loose, dark clothing, and easy to remove footwear such as thongs or slides to your appointment.
- You can wear your underwear during your tan. You can either ask your Beauty Therapist for a disposable G-string, or wear nothing at all. It’s entirely up to you!