Getting your first XXX Brazilian Wax can be a bit daunting for most people. That said, the awkward factor goes away pretty quickly and the long lasting and effective results of waxing are worth it when compared to shaving, home waxing and other hair removal methods!
Here is what you need to know before you get your first XXX Brazilian Bikini Wax:
- Hairs should be approximately ½ a centimeter long (about the length of a grain of rice). Do not shave before your first appointment, you can trim the area carefully, making sure you are not cutting too short (use a comb to trim for more control). If you are not sure, it is best to leave the area and your beauty therapist will trim your bikini area for you prior to waxing.
- Think about what bikini style you want. At Essential Beauty, we have many other options other than our signature XXX Brazilian Wax. Choose from X Bikini, X+G String Bikini, XX Bikini and XXX Brazilian. You can talk about these options in the treatment room or have a look at the diagrams below to help you:
What about waxing versus laser?
Waxing thins out hairs over time and you may experience sparse hair growth. Laser hair removal may destroy hairs that never grow back. If you are sure you will want to keep the same bikini style forever, laser could be the right choice for you. However, we like to change it up!
Fashion changes and so do hair styles – yes, even for your bikini area! Lately we’ve noticed surge in our XX Bikini where some hair is left on the pubic bone in a ‘landing strip’ or triangle shape.
- Lightly exfoliate the area 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to remove dead skin. Remember do not exfoliate on the day of your appointment as this can irritate the area. Moisturise your skin on the days before. Do not apply moisturiser on the day of your waxing appointment as it will interfere with your results.
- Advise your Beauty Therapist if you are sunburnt, have dry skin, a cut, any form of infection or if you are on medication such as antibiotics or steroid creams. These can make the skin thinner than usual and prone to skin lift.
- Before your wax, your Beauty Therapist will give you time to prepare. You will be supplied with a personal hygiene wipe and a disposable G-string for modesty. This g-string also helps throughout the waxing procedure to support the skin as hair is removed.
- Will it hurt? Possibly a little-it is a sensitive area after all! Don’t worry, most regular waxers say there is minimal discomfort during a Brazilian wax as hairs become thinner over time. A good idea is to book your wax including Sensitive Hot Wax, as it is gentle on the skin but with the same great results as strip wax.
- Your Beauty Therapist will ask you to help support your skin during the treatment by pulling upward or to the side in order to give the best access to the hair you want removed. You will be asked to move your legs in various positions to help the process along as well.
- The only hairs that may be left behind will be any short hairs from other forms of hair removal such as shaving, or from a new hair cycle that may have started. However, now that you’ve started a regular waxing routine, your waxing results will get better and better, with no sharp stubble or itchy regrowth.
- You might be red and a bit spotty post wax. Don’t worry, this will go away overnight! Avoid excessive sweating, saunas, spas, steam rooms, pools or lying in the sun for at least 48 hours.
- Enjoy your XXX Brazilian wax. We will see you at your next appointment! Most of our clients see us every 3 – 6 weeks depending on their hair growth and preference!