A great eyebrow shape can take years off your face and even make you look slimmer!
So how do you shape, fill and elongate your eyebrows?
The first rule is to definitely not over pluck.
The second is not to shape them into little tadpoles with thin tails.
Thirdly, never shave or use a razor.
Finally, always start by trimming the brows on the top arch first. Trimming excess eyebrow hairs will reveal your hidden eyebrow arch. This will mean you will not need to pluck too many hairs from underneath to achieve a great arch!
Below are some tips on how to get that perfect eyebrow shape.
You will need:
- Disposable mascara wand
- Brow shadow (taupe for blondes, brown range for everyone else)
- Pencil (to line up the angles)
- Angled/slant tweezers
- Angled/slant brow brush
What you need to do:
- Using a disposable mascara wand, brush your eyebrows.
- Using the scissors, trim the hairs that are longer than your brow shape.
- Using the angled tweezers, pluck areas above and below the brows trying to remove a couple at a time.
- To determine where you think your eyebrow should start, hold a pencil or make up brush along one side of your nose. Where it crosses the inner corner of your brow, that is where it should begin. This is a guide only. Some people have wider nostrils which means their eyebrows will appear too far apart. Today’s trend, is long eyebrows that are closer together.
- Hold the pencil across the iris of the eye and that is where your arch should begin.
- Now use the pencil to the end of the outer corner of your eye. This is the point where your eyebrow should end.
- Using the brow shadow, fill in your brows using light feathering strokes as if you were drawing individual hairs on your face.
Ardell eyebrow shadows have a fine tipped angled brush. This will give you the option to draw individual hairstrokes or you can use the fine tip, to dot colour at the very front of your eyebrows, giving you that longer, fuller, natural look.