Getting your first XXX Brazilian Wax can be a bit daunting for most people. That said, the awkward factor goes away pretty quickly and the long lasting and effective results are worth it compared to shaving, home waxing and other hair removal methods!
Here is what you need to know before you get your first XXX Brazilian Bikini Wax:
- Hairs should be about ½ a centimetre long (about the length of a grain of rice). Do not shave before your first appointment, you can trim the area carefully making sure you aren’t going too short, use a comb to trim for more control. If you aren’t sure, it is best to leave the area and your beauty therapist will trim your bikini area for you prior to waxing.
- Think about what bikini style you want. At Essential Beauty, we have many other options other than our signature XXX Brazilian Wax. Choose from X Bikini, X+G String Bikini, XX Bikini and XXX Brazilian.
What about waxing versus laser? Waxing thins out hairs over time and you may experience sparse hair growth. Laser hair reduction will kill hairs and may never grow back. If you are sure you will want to keep the same bikini-style forever, the laser could be the right choice for you. However, we like to change it up! Fashion changes and so do hairstyles – yes, even for your bikini area! Lately, we’ve noticed a surge in our XX Bikini where some hair is left on the pubic bone in a ‘landing strip’ or triangle shape. You also might be thinking, what is a Brazilian Wax? Find out the differences here:
- Lightly exfoliate the area 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to remove dead skin. Remember don’t exfoliate on the day of your appointment as this can irritate the area. Moisturise your skin on the days before, but do not apply moisturiser on the day of your waxing as it will interfere with your results.
- Tell your beauty therapist if you are sunburnt, have dry skin, or have a cut or any form of the infected area, and if you are taking any medications such as antibiotics or steroid creams, as they can make the skin thinner than usual and prone to skin lift.
- Before your wax, your beauty therapist will give you time to prepare. There will be a personal hygiene wipe for you to use to clean the skin, removing any sweat or dirt to give you the best results possible. We will also give you a disposable g-string for modesty, the g-string also helps throughout waxing to support the skin as the hair is removed. If you would like a modesty cover – just ask your beauty therapist.
- Will it hurt? Possibly a little. Especially for the first time! It is a sensitive area after all! Don’t worry, most regular waxers say there is minimal discomfort during a Brazilian wax as hairs become thinner over time. A good idea is to book your wax including Sensitive Hot Wax, as it is much more gentle on the skin!
- Your beauty therapist will ask you to help support your skin during the treatment by pulling upward or to the side in order to give your beauty therapist the best access to the hair you want to be removed, this also helps numb the skin a little. You will be asked to move your legs in various positions to help the process along as well.
- Sometimes there can be a few stray hairs left behind, most likely because they were too short from other forms of hair removal or a new hair cycle that may have started. Your beauty therapist will use a tweezer to pluck them out to give you silky smooth, hair-free results.
Read more about the hair growth cycle and The Shaving Effect here
- You might be red and a bit spotty post-wax. Don’t worry, this will go away overnight! Avoid excessive sweating, saunas, spas, steam rooms, pools or lying in the sun for at least 48 hours.
- Enjoy your XXX Brazilian wax, see you in 4-6 weeks!